Frequently asked questions
Do you custom make items?
- Yes! If you’d like to contact me with a request for a custom made item, we can discuss the particular adjustments you would like, and I am happy to give you a time frame as to when I can take care of your order as well as an estimated quote.
- I don’t offer complex changes to my designs. Simple adjustments, adding extra pockets or a particular colour fabric will usually be available at a minimal extra cost, depending on the request.
- I am happy to “find” a fabric for you, on description, but there will be an added cost.
- Should you request a fabric I already have in stock, of course there will be no extra cost.
- All custom orders are non-refundable.
When/how is my order shipped?
Items bought Australia wide will be shipped in 2-4 business days using Australia Post’s regular post.
You can request a postal tracking code via email if you like.
Postage costs – Australia
Curlybird Designs charges a flat rate of $15 Australia wide, and $30 for heavy items (such as women’s coats). The postage charged is shown during the completion of your order. I use regular post, (unless otherwise requested) plus insurance on your item. The shipping could take anywhere from 2 to 10 days, depending on where you are in Australia.
Alternatively, you can choose to pick up your item from the Curlybird Designs studio if you are in the vicinity of Boronia, Victoria. This option is also available during the completion of your purchase (eliminating the postage costs). Arrangements for pick up can be made via email on the contact page, where I can give you my address and we can coordinate a pick up time.
What payment methods are accepted?
A PayPal account is not needed. It’s simple to use and doesn’t cost you anything. You will be directed to PayPal’s website to enter your credit card details.
Do you exchange or refund?
We are not required to provide a refund or replacement if you change your mind.
But you can choose a refund or exchange if an item has a major problem.
This is when the item:
-has a problem that would have stopped the person from buying the item if they had known about it
– is significantly different from the sample or description
– is the wrong size and simply does not agree with the measurements as described. If we can offer you an alternative size we will
Please note that this is not always possible, as the clothing listed is all made from preloved materials, and the same materials may not be available.
If the problem is not major, we will happily repair the item within a reasonable time.
To refund or exchange an item, just follow these steps:
- Please contact with me within 5 days of receiving the item.
- You then have 30 days in which to return it to me . Contact me via email to arrange return.
- When exchanging for an alternative item, we will cover the cost of shipping the new item to you.
Terms and conditions for exchange or refund
- The item must not have been used, worn or laundered.
- In the case of a faulty item, no attempt has been made to repair it.
- Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer. Original shipping costs will not be refunded.
- Any garments received outside the 30 day period may not be refunded.
What is your size?
Sizing chart (in centimetres)
Size 6 8 10 12 14 16 18 20 22
Bust 78 80 83 87 92 97 102 107 112
Waist 58 61 64 67 71 76 81 87 94
Hip 83 85 88 92 97 102 107 112 117
Back neck >waist 39.5 40 40.5 41.5 42 42.5 43 44 44.5